gws and Moses made me this delicious (looking) pie today to celebrate a grant I received. (It has to chill but I'm sure it tastes great.) I've never made lemon meringue pie or anything like it. So when we started it seemed very exotic. But as we went along, I saw behind the curtain and realized it's basically grapefruit curd topped with meringue. There's nothing wrong with that--it's just so simple. I wonder why I've never made it before considering my new found love for meringue. The grapefruit bit is inspired though. Here is the recipe. We took extra care to scallop the top so it looked fancy.gws is also making vegetable stock. In an effort to save money, resources, the planet, and our waistlines, we are going entirely vegetarian and eat lots of vegetables. So we have lots of vegetable scraps. Turns out you can save those things, add water to cover, a couple garlic cloves, peppercorns, bay leaves and other herbs and make your own stock. Not too shabby. Simmer for a few hours. Strain. Done.

No comments:
Post a Comment